Search for University of Freiburg employees
External search for employees visible to the public
Hints for changes
- University employees are requested to send requests for changes to the clerk in charge of their data at the human resources department.
- Information on changing personal data for medical center employees
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Publication of Entries:
- Q: Why can't I find my name in the external search?
A: Maybe you haven't released your data for publication on the Internet. To do so, please use form "P 3 – Entry in the Electronic Telephone and E-Mail Directory".
- Q: Why does my name appear in the external search although I have not explicitly released my data for publication on the Internet?
A: Academic employees and employees in managerial positions do not need to release their data explicitly. However, you may request to have your data removed. For more information, please read form "P 3 – Entry in the Electronic Telephone and E-Mail Directory".
- Q: How can I prevent my name from appearing in the external search?
A: You can request to not have your data published on the Internet. To do so, please use form "P 3 – Entry in the Electronic Telephone and E-Mail Directory".
- Q: What data is shown in the person search?
A: Your title, first name, last name, name of institution or department, telephone number, fax number, and e-mail address are shown, if available.
- Q: Who is responsible for changing or adding to my data?
A: Please contact the administrator responsible for your data at the Human Resources Department of the University of Freiburg.
- Q: How long does it take to have my data updated on the Internet?
A: Your new data or preferences for the person search are effective one day after the administrator updates your data.
- Q: Can I apply to have only some of my data published on the Internet, e.g. to have my e-mail address appear in the internal search but not on the Internet?
A: No. It is currently only possible to release all of your data for publication. If, e.g., you want your name and telephone number to appear on the Internet but not your e-mail address, you must ask the administrator responsible for your data to delete it.
- Q: Why is my data different from that in myAccount (Computing Center)?
A: The source of data for the person search is the employee management system of the Rectorate. Your data on myAccount was imported from the employee management system when the account was created. These two systems are not synchronized again.